Welcome to the Carman Community Health Centre Homepage
We welcome you to our website, please have a look around and come back soon as we we will be updating regularly.
Smoking Cessation Seminar Wednesday April 13th
For information on the upcoming seminar please click on the following link to view a poster: Smoking Cessation poster final
The Carman Community Health Centre is pleased to welcome Nurse Practitioner Sara Birnie to our Health Care Team
Sara holds a Bachelor of Nursing degree, along with a Masters of Nursing in Advanced Nursing Practice (Nurse Practitioner). Her experience includes serving as a Nurse Practitioner at the Selkirk Quick Care Clinic, and an Emergency Registered Nurse at the Victoria General Hospital. Raised in Neepawa, Manitoba, Sara and her husband have two young sons. She loves to travel, and enjoys curling, soccer and participating in marathon relays.
As a Nurse Practitioner, Sara can:
- Perform complete physicals
- Diagnose and treat acute or chronic illnesses or injuries
- Prescribe medications
- Order and manage the results of screening and diagnostic tests
- Perform minor surgical procedures
- Provide education
- Make referrals to other health care professionals such as specialists
- Order Pap tests, bloodwork, Xrays, and perform minor surgical procedures such as suturing and biopsies.
Sara is at the clinic full-time, and is available for appointments by calling the clinic at 204-745-3565.
Click on the following link to view the full announcement: Sara Birnie website announcement