Services requiring physician consultation:
- Colonoscopies – Dr. Kris Roberts is qualified to perform colonoscopies in the Carman Memorial Hospital
- Driver’s licence medicals
- Removal of warts using cryotherapy
- Pregnancy tests
- Rapid assessments for strep throat
- Travel – it is recommended that travellers contact the Travel Health Clinic in Portage la Prairie (204) 239-2438 or at Boundary Trails Hospital (204) 331-8959 for current immunization advice.
- Pre and Post natal care
Services not requiring physician consultation:
- Flu, tetanus and vitamin B12 shots
- Changes of medical dressings
- Removal of stitches
- Blood pressure readings
Our Medical Team Includes a Nurse Practitioner
A Nurse Practitioner (NP) is a registered nurse who has advanced education usually at a master’s level. NPs are a part of your health care team, and can provide you with the professional direction to help you live a healthier life.
Your Nurse Practitioner can:
- Perform complete physicals
- Diagnose and treat acute or chronic illnesses or injuries
- Prescribe medications
- Order and manage the results of screening and diagnostic tests
- Perform minor surgical procedures
- Provide education
- Make referrals to other healthcare professionals such as specialists
- Order Pap tests, bloodwork, Xrays, and perform minor surgical procedures such as suturing and biopsies.